Terry’s Frequently Asked Questions
This page features answers to questions Terry most frequently hears when he is out in the field. Hopefully, they will help you to better understand his work, his goals, and his background.
Click on the questions below to see Terry’s answers. If you have other questions, please send an e-mail to: info@TerryWatson.com.
1. What city do you fly out of?
2. Are you available to speak the day of our event?
3. How do we book you so we don’t lose our day?
4. Why have I not heard of you before now?
5. Can you customize/ Do you customize your presentations?
6. If the day we want is open on your calendar does that mean that day is free?
7. What is the quickest was to secure a date?
8. We want you back this year, can you do a different presentation?
9. The day we want is booked, are those dates flexible? Can you change it?
10. How far out should we book with you?
11. Do you sell products while you are speaking or immediately after you are done?
12. What is your speaking style?
13. Are you a motivational speaker?
14. If our awards banquet goes a little long, will it disrupt your presentation?
15. Are your presentations interactive?
16. What is the length of your presentation?
17. What is a CSP?
18. How current are the dates scheduled on your website?
19. Do you hold dates?
20. Do you fly in the day before the event or the day of our event.
21. What is the goal of your presentation?
22. What should I expect once I click the “Book Now” link?
What city do you fly out of?
The answer is … it varies. If I do not have an event the day before yours, I live and fly out of Chicago, but oftentimes, I am flying from one event location to another. My travel agent will work with you to secure a reasonably priced flight.
Are you available to speak the day of our event?
Check the schedule and availability
Last year you were not available, how do we book you so we don’t lose our day?
Click Book Now
Why have I not heard of you before now?
(You better ask somebody) Terry is one of the busiest speakers in the country built from word of mouth advertising.
Can you customize/ Do you customize your presentations?
Of course, contact us to discuss your needs.
If the day we want is open on your calendar does that mean that day is free?
It means the date you are interested in is currently available for scheduling, but keep in mind that all dates are reserved on a first come-first served basis. The only way to reserve a date is to send in the completed contract and deposit for your date. Once the deposit and contract has been received, the date will be reserved for your event.
What is the quickest was to secure a date?
The quickest and simplest way to secure a date is to click here, and complete the contract and pay online. Once your completed contract and deposit has been received you will be emailed a time-stamped confirmation and receipt.
We had you speak last year and the committee said we must bring you back this year, can you do a different presentation?
Absolutely. Please click here to see my various different programs, and contact us for customizing any of my programs for your needs.
The day we want is booked on your website, are those dates flexible? Can you change it?
All of our events are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Once we receive your completed contract and deposit, the date is reserved for your event. If you have reserved a date, but circumstances require you to reschedule your date, please contact us immediately. If the date you would like to reschedule to is available, we will move your date. If not, we will work with you to get you an available date that fits your needs. If a date is already reserved by another party, you will need to choose a different date.
How far out should we book with you?
Every year about 10% of people are interested in reserving the same day. In an effort to be fair to our repeat clients, we have a first-come, first-served policy, and we reserve dates as soon as we receive a completed contract and deposit. So you should reserve as far out as possible.
Will you be selling products while you are speaking or immediately after you are done?
What is your speaking style?
I deliver fast, engaging, highly interactive, laugh til you snort, uncannily relevant, immediately useable, real-world information.
Are you a motivational speaker?
Yes! My presentations are highly inspirational.
If our awards banquet goes a little long, will it disrupt your presentation if you do not have as much time as we agreed?
Nope, not my first rodeo.
Are your presentations interactive?
What is the length of your presentation?
It depends, keynotes are usually 90 minutes. Break out sessions are longer.
What is a CSP?
The Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation, conferred by the National Speakers Association and the International Federation for Professional Speakers, is the speaking profession’s international measure of professional platform skill. It is held by less than 600 people world-wide. As a designee, rest assured, this is not my first rodeo and I am not getting on the job training with your group.
How current are the dates scheduled on your website?
My calendar is real time. You are looking at the same information I am, minus the secret handshake information.
Do you hold dates?
No, the only way to ensure your event date is reserved is by clicking the Book Now link, and completing the contract and paying your deposits.
Do you fly in the day before the event or the day of our event.
Yes. I try to minimize travel mishaps, by flying in the day before an event, and you can expect to see me for a sound check at least an hour and a half before my scheduled time to speak.
What is the goal of your presentation?
To make the person who hired me look AMAZING!!!! My job is to make your job easier and more fun! (And to make you look like a hero!)
What should I expect once I click the “Book Now” link?
- First, you’ll receive a speaking agreement. (Straightforward–no legalese.)
- Sign and return with 50% deposit to reserve the date (remainder of fee is due the day of the event).
- You (and or your committee) will fill out a questionnaire (see bottom of web page) to assist me in personalizing my presentation for YOUR group.
- A few weeks prior to the event, we’ll finalize the details with a conference call.
- Enjoy the accolades as your group applauds you for doing such an awesome job for this year’s event!